Hydrodynamics EngineerLast updated 2 months ago
As a hydrodynamics Engineer you’re responsible for making all sorts of calculations to determine the workability of offshore vessels and operational solutions for the purpose of optimal execution of operations on, above and below water. This can be for operational projects but also (assisting) during concepts and designs of new vessels, equipment or conversions. Your main focus will be on analyses with Orcaflex, AQWA, STARCCM+ and CFD but always with the purpose in mind and a practical mindset. Therefore, affinity with operational methods and different stages of engineering is an advantage. During the projects you work closely together with your colleagues of the department operational engineering as well as the departments vessel design and equipment design.
For this position we’re aiming for someone who loves complex engineering issues and creating practical solutions, wants to develop in different engineering fields as well and enjoys going on site or offshore occasionally. This can be either a recent graduate of someone who already has experience with hydrodynamics.
- Perform hydrodynamical, motion, CFD and workability analyses with software like Orcaflex, AQWA and STARCCM+.
- Design solutions for projects in offshore operations as well as for new vessels and equipment or conversions (together with other departments)
- Assist clients during execution of project on site and offshore
- Assist other engineers and designers during the projects
- MSc in Maritime Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or comparable
- A couple of years’ experience in hydrodynamics, motions and workability analyses, but we invite recent graduates to apply as well
- Experienced with software where knowledge of Orcaflex, AQWA and STARCCM+ is a plus
- Experience with vessel operations, vessel design and or CFD analyses is a big plus
- A practical mindset and willing to work on site / offshore occasionally.
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9) profit distribution and working from home arrangement
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team
- Various study possibilities and training